Sunday, April 10, 2011

Amazing :)

Today was really the first day where I went full force from 5am till about 8pmish. I did more than what I could think my body could handle, with how I have been feeling that is. Normally, with everything I did today (housework, lotttss of laundry, yard work & taking care of Hazel) I poop out and have to force myself to continue through the day. Today, I could have kept going if it weren't for the beautiful weather outside :)

Here I was thinking my life was over because I was going to feel miserable all the time. Boy, was I wrong. I haven't felt this great since Hazel was conceived! I have so much energy, (compared to what I did have before) and I feel...'normal'.

I have been trying to weigh myself just so I can give an accurate view as to where I am with everything. So far, I am still at 115 lbs, I haven't gained or lost any weight since my surgery. The doctor told me to be prepared to gain up to 50 lbs, but I have yet to see any change.

My TSH is right on the dot. The dr wants me to stay around the range of 2-3, and I am currently at 2.5. Currently, I am taking 50mg, so nothing has changed with my dosage since the surgery.

I've learned that I really need to read my body. If I feel tired, I need to rest. If I overdo it, I do become a bit miserable for awhile. It's good advice to anyone out there to not ignore the signs that your body is giving you. I think that has helped me with this process. A friend of mine had her thyroid removed a few months before me, and that is the advice she gave to me...and I swear by it.

It always helps to have someone out there to give you a view on what you are going through, but I have also learned that not everyone is the same with the healing process. I think a lot of it is mind over matter...If you think things are going to be bad, they will. If you think things are going to be good, they  are.

My scar is healing very nicely! I really don't think that it is going to show very much, if at all, once it is done healing.

So, so far so good. I feel great, I feel healthy, and I feel like I can finally go about living the life that I wanted to for so long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment