Thursday, April 7, 2011

Journey.

Yesterday was such a beautiful day out, about 65 degrees. I thought it would be a good idea for me to go for a nice stroll with my husband and daughter, and of course the pup :) We didn't go too far, and I was already feeling the exhaustion kick in. It is amazing how just a little walk poops me out now. It makes me feel like I've been sitting on my butt for years. I think this is the hardest adjustment I've had to deal with! I have been pooping out around 7-8pm every night, most nights passing out right after that.

Today, I felt a bit rejuvenated. I found that if I took my synthroid (50mg) on an empty stomach in the morning (no other medicines taken with it, so that the synthroid can completely absorb) and then eat about 30 minutes later, I feel a lot better than if I just took the synthroid and went on my way. Also, I have been trying to take it at the same time each morning, usually around 7am. I started vitamins to help out with the energy part of all of this, just a women's multivitamin. I felt great this morning, and afternoon...as if I had never even had surgery.

I had my stitches removed this afternoon! It feels sooo much better, no more strings poking me in the neck when I turn my head, and no more of my daughter pulling on them :) One side was stuck, so they had a hard time getting it out, so that was a bit uncomfortable, but all in all, if you can handle a pinch, you can handle having your stitches removed. My doctor did a fantastic job with my incision. I think it is going to heal nicely.

I think I had mentioned before that I was having hot flashes, if not...I have been having hot flashes on and off, I feel like I am going through menopause ;) Anyway, I talked to the dr. about it today, and she thought that my TSH levels were just a bit low, so I had blood drawn to have that tested. Hopefully I will know tomorrow.

I'm still having a bit of a problem with the whole 'disconnected' feeling. Hopefully that will go away soon, I feel sorry for my husband! He has been such an amazing sport throughout this journey, I am truly blessed to have him in my life. I'm one lucky lady!

So far, no new symptoms, and the exhaustion is getting much better. If I could stay awake past 9pm, then I'd be set :)

No comments:

Post a Comment